How to Keep Water Out of the Crawl Space at Your Home in Atlanta, GA
Maintaining a dry, clean crawl space is important for homeowners in Atlanta and throughout the state of Georgia and beyond. Not only does a wet, dirty crawl space smell bad, but it can also serve as a breeding ground for mold and other bacteria, as well as a home for annoying pests such as insects or rodents. But, keeping a crawl space dry and tidy can be difficult if your space isn’t equipped with some type of waterproofing system. Having a waterproofing system installed is best left in the hands of professionals. Thankfully, Engineered Solutions offers crawl space encapsulation – the unquestioned best way to keep your crawl space water-free.
What Is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation is a waterproofing service that completely seals off – or “encapsulates” – your crawl space from the surrounding soil. This process typically involves several steps:
- First, the crawl space is cleaned out and prepared for work to be completed.
- Second, a vapor barrier is installed to ensure the crawl space is 100% encapsulated and sealed off from the soil.
- Then, the seams and junctions are sealed shut, as are the crawl space vents.
- After that, foundation walls and band joists may be insulated and sealed off.
- Lastly, a conditioning unit, such as a dehumidifier, is installed to reduce humidity and keep the crawl space completely dry.
Crawl Space Encapsulation from Engineered Solutions
The design-build team at Engineered Solutions can effectively encapsulate your crawl space and ensure that it stays dry throughout the year, even during the summer when humidity is at its peak. For more information about crawl space encapsulation services and how they can help to keep water out of your crawl space, contact Engineered Solutions today. We proudly serve homeowners in Atlanta, GA, and throughout the surrounding areas.