Sump Pump Systems Installed for Atlanta, GA, Homeowners
If the basement of your Atlanta, Georgia, home is prone to flooding during heavy rainstorms, or if you live in a flood zone and just want to be prepared should disaster strike, the team at Engineered Solutions of Georgia can install a top-of-the-line sump pump system. A sump pump is a motorized device that sits in a basin or “sump pit,” typically in a basement floor, though sump pumps can also be installed outdoors in areas that are prone to flooding. In the event of a flood or heavy rain, as water collects in the sump pit, the system will switch on and pump the water out to a predetermined dispersal point, safely away from your home.
- Sump pump installation starts with cutting a hole that’s approximately two-feet wide and two-feet deep into the floor of your basement or crawlspace.
- The excavation is then lined with filter fabric to keep silt from entering the sump pit.
- A plastic perforated sump is installed in the hole and backfilled using clean #57 drainage stone.
- Two sump pumps — one primary pump and one battery backup pump — are placed inside the sump pit and a backflow valve is plumbed on the discharge lines.
- A sealed sump lid is installed and the floor or vapor barrier is detailed around the sump lid.
- A battery and charger are connected to the backup pump for operation during power outages.
The Benefits of Having a Sump Pump System Installed
- Typically, the primary sump pump can quietly remove up to 2,100 gallons of water per hour.
- The battery backup pump is able to remove up to 13,000 gallons of water on a single battery charge.
- The sump lids can be easily removed to provide convenient access to the pumps should they need to be serviced.
Since 2006, Engineered Solutions of Georgia has helped countless homeowners throughout the Atlanta area combat their wet basement problems by expertly installing top-of-the-line sump pump systems and other interior drainage systems. To learn more about how we can assist you, contact us today to schedule a free at-home consultation.