Are you concerned that repair is necessary for your foundation? Do you have doors that won’t close, splits on the exterior and interior walls, cracks in the foundation, or floors that sink and bulge? If so, repair for your foundation may be required. For the continued value of your property and safety of building occupants, it is essential that you take care of this immediately.
Engineered Solutions of Georgia can meet your foundation repair needs swiftly and efficiently. We provide the following foundation repair services to homeowners in the Atlanta metro area:
- Foundation Crack Repair
- Foundation Wall Repair
- Concrete Foundation Repair
- Basement Conversion
- House Foundation Repair
- Crawlspace Conversion Overview
- Crawl Space Encapsulation
- House Leveling
- Garage Foundation Repair
With over 30 years of combined experience, our foundation contractors understand the importance of an immediate response to foundation issues. We can provide you with a property evaluation and free estimate right away in order to get you on the road to a healthy, stable structure.
Once the repair is complete, whether we have performed pressure grouting, floor framing support, or foundation piering, it is essential that you maintain your foundation. Avoiding costly repair to your foundation can only be done with vigilance and care. Here are some simple things you can do to avoid major repair to your foundation in the future:
- Drainage – Be sure surface water on the ground drains away from your building foundation. By allowing it to collect around the foundation, you are putting it at further risk of soil shifting and cracking. Inspect the area around your foundation at least annually to make sure water is not pooling around the foundation. A five foot area is usually sufficient. If this is a problem that you have, make sure downspouts are directed away from the building and that the water is discharged 3-4’ away at a minimum.
- Vegetation – Take into consideration the trees and shrubbery around your property. Some trees have shallow root systems that remove water from the soil, which can allow them to grow under a shallow foundation and produce an upheaval in the foundation beam. Trees should be planted no closer to homes and buildings than their ultimate height.
- Observation – During periods of excessive moisture change, you must inspect your foundation carefully to catch warning signs that the soil is expanding or contracting. Always remember that acting early can save you money in the short and long-term.
By carefully observing your property, major repair to your foundation can be avoided. Engineered Solutions can also inspect your foundation at regular intervals to ensure there are no problems needing immediate attention.
Email Engineered Solutions of Georgia today for more information on maintenance and repair for your foundation, or call us at 678.290.1325. Whether you are in Sandy Springs, Woodstock, Duluth or elsewhere in the greater Atlanta, GA area, we can provide you with the repairs you need for a strong structure.